Groups of hosting services
A hosting solution suggests stockpiling and/or sharing certain content on a server administered by a website hosting company. There are different kinds of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's take a look at them. In this way, you can decide what you want, based on whether you desire to establish a website, email aliases, or to share files with comrades and partners.
- File hosting: a service offered by certain firms, which enables you to share large files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole aim is to share files, since it does not support site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage plans are frequently supported by displaying advertisements next to the download links, while a timer compels you to wait for a specific span of time to perceive them. A given file can be downloaded with restricted speed. If you run a paid file storage plan, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no limitation with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting firms, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely inappropriate interpretation of the literal denotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would allot the workload between autonomous packs of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to serving various web hosting services (mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting service is merely a sort of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; some corporations offer a hosting service for images exclusively. This hosting brand is appropriate if you wish to share an immense quantity of pics with pals or partners since the solution is typically free of cost. You will get a random link for each and every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be used for web pages.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to taking care of your email aliases. Some corporations offer webspace hosting services for sites, but do not supply an email hosting solution. If you wish to launch an e-mail address with your domain name but do not wish to run a site, then the email hosting service is what you want. You can set up e-mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video file in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach in lieu of uploading the video clip in a hosting account is that the video clip creates a certain amount of CPU load, so with a couple of video files and several hundred viewers, you may have a problem with your web hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will allow you to administer as many video clips as you desire without worrying about system reserves.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you want to possess a web site. To some degree, it includes all of the aforesaid hosting varieties since, along with your web sites, you can also host images and files, you can run databases and email aliases, upload video files, etc. At DLive, for example, you can take a glimpse at web hosting and dedicated web hosting solutions that allow you to get all of the aforesaid solutions in one single location. There may be restrictions based on the sort of hosting service that you've picked - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your site hosting account may be better or worse compared to the regular e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are purposed for specific web content exclusively.